In the Potter's Hands



I opened my journal today to an entry from a year ago when I was at a spiritual retreat. During the conference, I wrote these words.

"Do I live by what I fear or do I live by what I trust? Am I ply-able in the hands of the master? Like the clay collapsing on the wheel. Do I will to do this? Do I allow the master to mould me?"

But now, O LORD, you are our father; we are the clay, and you our potter; and we all are the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8

What a beautiful image of the master potter with his gentle hands upon the delicate clay on the potter's wheel. If you've ever watched a potter work with clay you know it takes very fine, delicate timing and movements of the hands upon that spinning wheel to create a masterpiece.  And so are our lives in the potter's hands, so fragile but so beautiful, as He forms and shapes us into His masterpiece. The clay's only job -- to surrender to the work of the master as He turns the wheel.

We are that clay in God's hands! Our job to is to relax and let the potter work his magic. Will we let Him? Will we surrender to God as He shapes and forms our lives?  Resting in the knowledge that He already has a plan for what we will become when the spinning wheel stops.

May you find strength in the surrender and know the Peace and Joy that is in the hands of our saviour Jesus Christ today!

A daily prayer of surrender: Lord, I wait for you as I seek your will in my life. Let your love flow in my surrendered heart today. I give up my will in order that your everlasting love would come and work in me today. Forgive me Lord for those times I did not give the Holy Spirit room to operate in my life. I give all that I am to you Lord, make me a Holy instrument in your loving hands today. Amen!

Blessings! ~Laura~ narrowgatetraveller.com