A Father's Daughter



Today is International Women's Day and I thought what a great day to celebrate being a daughter of God and to share a personal word I received from the Lord recently while in deep prayer.God has been speaking to me lately about how I am His child and I know He is re-parenting me.

During my prayer time, our Heavenly Father spoke to me about how I had some faulty thinking about Him that he needed to correct.  He showed me how a lie I had learned from my own parents had created a wall around my heart.  This lie was not only making it hard for me to receive love from others, it was especially hard to receive the truth about how much God loves me.

You see intellectually I understood that God loves me and that he was a good God who wanted to prosper and not harm me. I've read it in scripture after scripture, but it hadn't truly been received in my heart.

God in His beautiful grace showed me that I was taught by my own parents that to be punished meant they loved me.  I had taken this on as a belief system about God.  So when bad things happened to me, intellectually I knew God was good and not the author of bad things, that the devil or my own flesh was likely the culprit, but I was subconsciously defaulting to this thinking that God caused it and was punishing me to teach me something.

God showed me that because of this belief system there was a deep root of fear.  I was subconsciously afraid that something bad might happen or I was afraid of messing up basically, I was letting fear in instead of love.

The Bible says that perfect love drives out fear.  1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

I took the time through prayer and meditation on this scripture and some tears, to pray through this lie and I began to take this thought captive to the obedience of Christ and bring it into the light.  Thank you Father, for revealing this!

Here's what the Lord spoke to me during this very intimate time with Him, I share this in hopes it may help you also:

Daughter, I am good.  I don't need to use bad things to teach you stuff but I do not allow those things that cause you distress to go to waste.  I use them to help you grow closer to me and to your true calling.  Know this, I am good,  period, end of story.

All the bad things that have happened to you, happened because the devil does not want you to realize who you are in the Kingdom of God.  Evil is part of this world.  There have been times you have chosen to walk out on your own and I could not always protect or stop what was happening but I was always there, I never left you.

Daughter, I need you to trust me now.  Just like a little child.  Trust me that I know what you need and I will give it to you, just don't lose hope.  Sometimes there will be delays and opposition, but you must know what I say I am going to do, I will do.  What my Word says, I will do. Do not stop believing, do not fall back, go forward in my Holy Assurance that I do and will keep my promises.

You are not alone.  I am with you always, until the end of the earth.  Therefore do not fear, do not be dismayed daughter. Everything is going to be okay.  I am the one man who has not and will never abandon or reject you. When you feel weak, my Grace is sufficient for you, when you feel weak, know I am near, know my presence goes with you.

There are powerful words you've heard about me, it's all true my daughter.  My Spirit is real and it lives in you. You are a daughter of mine, filled with a supernatural ability to heal the world and those around you.  I want to be your hands and your feet.  I want to walk this life out for you, will you let me?  Will you trust me to manifest my power through you?

Your doubt and fear are a by-product of the abandonment and rejection of earthly men.  You will always struggle and feel the pain of this when you take your eyes off of Jesus.  I sent Him for many reasons.  One reason is so my daughter, you would always have a way to find me when you are lost in the darkness that surrounds this world.  Haven't you noticed that no matter what the world does Jesus always stands out as a testament of Love and Truth.  He is the compass, He is the guidepost, the lighthouse.  Look to Him at all times then you will remember who you are my daughter.

My daughter, I long to spend intimate time with you in the supernatural realm of my secret place.  Come to me often there.  Let your walls down daughter, let your inhibitions down, come beautiful one, come to me, come let me love you.

Prayer:  Thank you for your love and that you are a God who desires to prosper us and not to harm us, to give us a hope and give us a future.  Lord, may we always know the love that you have poured out for us, and may we willingly manifest your presence in our lives.  Help us Lord, to draw near to you every day because we know the more we abide the more we will know our true selves.  In Jesus name Amen!

If you don't have a personal relationship with Jesus and want one.  Just say this little prayer.  Jesus, I need you, please come and be Lord of my life.  Amen!  Email and let me know you prayed that prayer, I'd love to celebrate with you and help you connect to the family of God - laurasterling@narrowgatetraveller.com

 

 

 

 

Popular posts from this blog

In the Potter's Hands